Thursday, September 22, 2011

just a passing thought

Having too many choices will spoil a person. too much of a good thing you know?
Its good that nowadays we get to make our own choices on things. For example, the brand of shampoo, scent of shampoo, types of shampoo, price of shampoo just to name a few.
But it makes us a bit ungrateful and unappreciative of the things we have.
Everything we have right now we take for granted because we have never been without.

Would a person who nearly died of thirst ever take water for granted?

The thing is, having all the choices laid out in front of me made me very unhappy with the current choice i made, and future ones i will make.
I am unhappy that i chose what i'm doing now. I am unhappy that i chose to make my parents happy(which, come to think of it, might not be the case) while making myself unhappy. I am unhappy that i chose text book over nature, I am unhappy i chose money over adventure.
But who am I to be unhappy with this? There is a world out there where people do not even stand a chance for having a text book, let alone a choice to chose away with it.

We should look at what people lack and be grateful for things we have.

So what happens when there are no more less fortunate people? when one day, there ar no longer famine, war, drought etc etc.
Who then do we look for to feel grateful of what we have?

Will mankind finally be satisfied with what we have? Or is men always greedy?
Greed may be considered a sin, but it is with the desire to want something more, to want something better that keeps men going and improving, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment